Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Heron


I've been waiting for a Heron to re-appear when I'm out with my camera.
Took some pics last time, here's one of it in flight.

Beautiful bird, but bad lighting so the picture is not so good, a little bit of an action shot - should have upped the ISO.

I've seen a Heron three times now around Uppermill in as many years.

I'm told that Roaches Lock is the place to find them so one day I'll go take a look with my camera.

Maybe not my ideal tall bird with long legs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am interested in your pictures - the one of the heron I have enhanced a little.

If you would like to see it email me a secure address that I can send it to you on.

How powerful was your torch when taking the night pictures.

Peter

9:33 pm, October 19, 2005  
Blogger Nick said...

Thanks for your comments!

The torch is just a regular 3 D cell Maglite

Long exposure time 15/30 seconds meant that painting over the same spot made it quite bright.

Post production adjustment of the brightness and contrast helped too!

7:27 pm, October 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home