Sunday, November 13, 2005

Cold Still and Quiet



At least for a few weeks we can expect it to be pretty quiet round here, as there are quite a few canal stoppages just down the canal from here towards Ashton - with no easy way past, I wouldn't expect to see too many narrowboats passing CanalCam over the next few weeks.

As nice looking as narrowboats are, fortunately, there are many other pretty things to snap as Autumn turns to winter.

Today was a beautiful clear day, bright, quite still and quite cool - turning chilly as night drew in -


now just below freezing - I hope we can look forward to some frozen canal pictures soon enough.

Unfortunately, working hours mean that my photography is somewhat limited to nighttime shots during the week - but roll on the weekends!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ArcticFox said...

I actually did some work on the huddersfield narrow canal restoration.... a while ago now, and it WAS slave labour, but I have to say it was some of the most rewarding work I have ever partaken in..... more photos please.

FoX

12:00 am, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home